Interviewer (Voice only): So the cake is in the oven and we are looking at your computer now. Looking back at day one of filming compared to the final product how do you think your skills actually grew?
Emily (Voiceover): It is crazy to look at this behind the scenes footage. Honestly on the first day my production skills were pretty basic. I was mostly worried about just getting the camera being still and getting the phone to vibrate loud enough.
But as we kept filming I learned how much direction matters. I realized that to get the thriller vibe I had to be very specific with my actors Emily and Luis about their pacing and eye contact. If you look at these clips of us filming the note scene you can see me adjusting the lighting and the angles to make sure we were not breaking the 180 degree rule.
My organization skills definitely developed too. I went from just having a rough idea to following a strict shot list. I learned that if you do not plan the close ups and over the shoulder shots ahead of time the editing process becomes a nightmare. By the end of the project I felt way more confident leading a set and making quick decisions when the lighting was not hitting right.
Actions:
Show a shaky behind the scenes clip of you trying to balance the phone in the backseat.
Show a clip of the actors between takes.
When I mention the 180-degree rule show a screenshot of Clipchamp timeline where two different angles are put together.
Show a screen recording of you dragging clips around in the editor.
No comments:
Post a Comment